We understand the world of indoor cycling and body conditioning can be intimidating, but at Journey Cycling and Fitness Studio, we strive to make your experience as exceptional as possible while also providing a revolutionary full-body workout. Listed on this page are some things you should know before signing up for your first class. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us at the studio or fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page.
You MUST purchase a Journey Class Series or Membership BEFORE you can reserve a spot in class.
Expiration dates are from the date of first use for the class series and from the date of purchase for all monthly memberships. Series are non-refundable and non-transferable. Each person must have their own membership or class series. You may not share one package.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Long pants or shorts. Something that will not cause chafing. Tighter clothing on the bottom works best for Cycling Class. Wear what is comfortable for body conditioning.
- A comfortable top of any kind. Moisture wicking is probably top choice.
- Cycling shoes are ideal. (We sell cycling shoes in the lobby at Journey). If you have cycling shoes, our toe cages are SPD compatible. Sorry, but we do not allow changing out pedals. If you do not have cycling shoes, a pair of sneakers is just fine. Sneakers for body conditioning are perfect.
CYCLING AT JOURNEY
There are some things you will need to know about your ride at Journey.
- You will be taught how to properly set your SPINNER® NXT-SR bike to your specifications.
- You will understand all the safety features your bike has and how to effectively use them.
- Your first ride or two is always the hardest. Don’t get discouraged and think people are watching you…the room is dark! Stay in the game and remember, you control your own resistance with the resistance knob. Enjoy the Journey, take in the moment and your surroundings and enjoy the music. You will love it from the first pedal!
- Don’t worry if you don’t have all “the gear,” such as a heart rate monitor and cycling shoes. They will come as you become addicted to the Journey.
WHAT TO BRING
- Heart Rate Monitor for cycling class and body conditioning classes (We sell Polar HR Monitors in the lobby at Journey.)
- Water, water… Hydrate before you come to class and then hydrate during class.
- Towel service is available at Journey, however, you may bring your own.
- A change of clothes for your ride home. You will be sweaty, we promise!
- All cancellations MUST be done in your account online.
- Online cancellations can be done in your account up to 3 hours prior to class, with no penalty. Late cancellations (less than 3 hours) or no-shows are charged and that class will be debited from your account. *Unlimited Monthly Class Membership: Any late cancel (less than 3 hours) or a no-show will result in a $20 charge on your Journey account.
- Early cancellations (at least 3 hours prior to class) incur no penalty and that class is returned to your account.
- Journey Team and Fundraising Rides/Classes Cancellation Policy: Reservations must be canceled 24 hours in advance for these individually-purchased special Journey Team and Fundraising Rides/Classes.
Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of time.
- Reserve your spot in a cycling or body conditioning class through our website or our free Journey App for iPhone or Android. If you’re unable to reserve your class ahead of time, you may check in at the front desk and if there is room for you in the class, no problems. To register online, Click on “Reserve a Class” to create your profile and purchase your Journey Class or Series.
- Scheduling classes may be done up to 7 days in advance. You will receive a confirmation email when you reserve a bike or purchase or redeem a body conditioning class from your profile. While you must purchase both cycling and body conditioning classes prior to class, reservations are only required for cycling classes due to the limited number of bikes.
- Arriving 15 minutes before class starts
isideal for check-in, proper bike set up for your cycling class and pre-warm-up time. Warm-up music will begin 10 minutes before your class begins.
- Please note: 5 minutes before cycling class, all empty bikes will be released to waitlist participants and walk-ins.
- WAITLISTS: If a cycling class is full, we can accept up to 5 people on the waiting list. If a spot becomes available, you will automatically be put in the class. You will receive a confirmation email and will become subject to the cancellation policy. Names are accepted for the Wait List up to 30 minutes before the start of class.
- WALK-INS: You are welcome to walk in without a reservation and purchase a class if space is available.